To provide an alternative day camp experience which fosters an understanding of peace, justice, and environmental awareness appropriate to the age of the children involved.
- To teach concepts of peace, equality, and justice at the appropriate age level.
- To encourage the development of self-esteem and critical thinking skills.
- To encourage respect for the environment and each other.
- To introduce peaceful conflict management skills and alternatives to competition and violence.
- To provide an opportunity for children of diverse backgrounds to create comfortable relationships.
Peace Camp is a day camp, 9:00am until 3:00pm, for children ages K through 5th grade. Peace camp is going into its 14th year. For the last ten years we have been holding Camp at the beautiful Cameron Retreat Center, on the grounds of the Dominican Properties at Holcombe near Almeda. Peace Camp is not religious and welcomes all children. Camp has usually taken place in July, after summer school. Tuition is $175. Full and partial scholarships are available.
Join us for our 2016 Peace Camp! With room for 25 campers, yoga, drumming, puppets, cooperative games and special guests will be part of the program.
Peace Camp Program for Teens
Earn volunteer credit for assisting children and adults by helping with crafts, reading to kids, presenting skits, gardening, and other fun activities. There will also be age appropriate special guests and a book study for 13-18 year olds. We can promise an interesting, meaningful experience! Tuition is sliding scale based on the ability to pay. We are a small non profit, but we need to cover expenses for their T-shirts, books, etc. Donations from the families of teens are appreciated but there is not a participation fee.
All ages must apply, and enrollment forms will be online soon. Join us in helping our youth and community become more peaceful.